Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dance Recital

Yesterday, all of the hard work my two oldest girls had been doing definitely paid off.  Costumes were on, hair was curled and make-up applied (applying heavy make-up to my 4 and 9 year old was never something I thought I would be doing but I guess it is a necessity when on stage).  The girls looked so cute.  Kendall did a tap number to a Shirley temple song called "Baby Take A Bow"....


Cassidy did an Irish number.........



They were both super excited and a little nervous to get on stage and show off what they had been learning.  The morning did make me nervous as well.  While doing Cassidy's hair she got overheated and had some small seizures, a part of me didn't want her to even go after that.  But she was able to rest before we left and said she felt fine so it was off to the theater.  Littlest sister was super excited, she had her program and her tickets ready......



Both girls did awesome!!!  Not a step was missed and they couldn't stop smiling and telling all their friends what a great job they all did.  I am not so sure of the oldest one will continue with dance.  She is more of a home body and enjoys cooking and helping out around the house and more indoor activities, this was a great learning experience for her though and she really impressed me!!!  I do think this is just the beginning for Kendall, she not only loves to dance but the studio told me they wished they could lower the age for company members because she is amazing.  I am sure you can only imagine how much she eats that up.  So You Think You Can Dance in the year 2025 may be in her future :)

1 comment:

Launa said...

Oh, wow, I wish we could of been there... did you take any video? would love to have seen them dance!! Miss you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails