Sunday, July 24, 2011

Short Stories

I love children's imaginations!  The other day I took my kids to the park and suddenly the playground turned into a pirate ship.  The Queen, Princess and lowly shipmate (my poor youngest, I sympathize, I was the youngest too) were trying to escape the dastardly pirates.  I sat there and remembered just how great the imagination of a child is.  I vividly remember when playgrounds transformed or my Grandma's hot tub was now the entire ocean and I was Ariel.  I don't know when that goes away but it obviously fades over time.  It is so fun though to experience it yet again with my own kids.  My oldest is in summer school.  They do a lot of arts and crafts and fun things but they also get some work in as well.  Last week she came home with a short story she had written.  I typically read her papers right away in case there is something I need to sign or send back, but in this case, it was work and so i set it aside.  I finally was able to read it last night and I had to snicker.  I love her imagination.  Her personality shines even in the papers she writes for school.  Remember, she is still only 9 so it is not long but I love it still.  So without further ado, a story by Cassidy.......

One day at the ice cream store, the owner was worried because the freezer was broken.  Next, Cassidy; the store owner, was going to buy a new freezer.  Then, Cassidy drove in her Chevy Cruze to go to Sears to buy a freezer.  After that, she got sad because they did not have a glittery freezer.  Finally, she found a glittery freezer at Lowe's.

She has had an obsession with the dang Chevy Cruze, it is her dream car and I think I am ok with that.  At 9 every time I saw a Mazda Miata I drooled and told my mom I would have that car one day.  At least hers is a practical sedan!  I can see her driving off to college in her dream car with her brand new glittery freezer for her dorm :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails