Sunday, September 23, 2012

Birthday Celebration

Yesterday my middle girl turned 6.

 I could go into the typical "how did it go by this fast? I don't understand how she is 6 already!", we all have that thought, my main thought was "how have I not had a kid party for her in all of her 6 years?"  I have never had a kid party for her and I feel like a lame mom.  Granted, we have had kids at our parties, but they were mainly family and some friends with their kids parties.  This year she asked specifically to have kids from her class for her party.  We normally do parties here at the house too and while they are not cheap, I feel like I have gotten off easy.  I looked at these other places, the fun bouncy house places, arcade places, anything and holy cow, they are pricey!!!  One place even had the nerve to have a letter before entering their website that said something along the lines of "how much do you care for your child?  Do you want to have a cheap party somewhere else and make them feel inadequate or do you want to pay the $ and do it with us? Show them how much you really care, click the link to enter our site"  WHAT?  This is just ludicrous!  I realize parties are not cheap but to spend almost $1,000 on just the place seems ridiculous to me.  That being said, we eventually found our place......Farrell's.  I am not sure if you are familiar with Farrell's or not but it is a restaurant that specializes in ice cream, huge ice cream sundaes and it is loud and kid friendly.  They set up balloons and banners, kids play games and win prizes and the birthday songs are loud, obnoxious..........and I couldn't help but want to get down to each and every one of them (yes, my kids have THAT mom, some are too young to be embarrassed just yet but they will get there).  While the place was a little disorganized (they didn't realize we were a party after seating us, even though we had checked in as a party and reserved the place weeks in advance), the kids still had a great time. 

(See these girls?  Only one is mine and the other 2, not related!  Proof a "real kid party" went down)
 
 
This sundae was called the "birthday sundae", it looks like a mini sundae compared to the other sundaes they make, this could be a topping to their other sundaes!  All in all, it was loud and obnoxious but it was fun and my girl is still talking about how fun her birthday was.  She ended the night sleeping in her new play house she received from a friend, she said it was her own little apartment in the living room.  And with that, our birthdays are all done for the year, no more planning and stressing........until Christmas that is (yikes!).
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails