Saturday, March 13, 2010

A New Hall Household?


So, I have always tried to pride myself as being a good mom and wife. I like to think that our family is resourceful and that we like to stay home and not spend any money on ridiculous things. Then again, I know way better than that. However, Will and I have been talking and we really want to make a new life for our house. I have been checking out this blog and have been thinking of how simple it all is and how I should be doing more (did you notice that I actually linked to a page, thank you my dear Launa!!!). Anyways, the blog is a woman who lived out here in California and did the whole high heel wearing everyday, shopping, typical Cali lifestyle until she went home and met a cattle farmer. Like a real chaps wearing cattle farmer. They fell in love and married and now she lives in a gorgeous house out in the middle of nowhere and makes amazingly yummy looking meals and just has family time. It got me thinking of how we sometimes just think of how bored we are with staying home and try to find things to do, how we eat out way too much and don't spend enough full attention family time. I think for some reason I am depriving my kids of fun in life if I am not out showing them something new or going somewhere super fun. Why cant family be fun? Having my girls help cook a fabulous meal? So, Pioneer Woman, you have inspired me. Lets see how this change goes. I am sure many of you may not notice it, but my family will, and that make me happy.

1 comment:

Launa said...

okay... I love PW (although I'm sure I'm not the only one!) And, I think she makes a lot of people want to move to the country. I remember when I first started reading her blog and I thought about whether or not our southern California lifestyle is the best (especially for our kids.) But, when I consider living anywhere else I know remember how desperately I'd miss the beach.
And YOU!

Related Posts with Thumbnails