Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last night.......

Last night I had a great nights sleep.  I had a dream about my brother.  Nothing in particular, we were just hanging out with our kids and just having a good time.  I could seriously feel him hugging me, it was a fantastic dream.  And then I woke up and realized, he is gone, it was just a dream.  And I have to admit, that is pretty darn depressing.  Today is my birthday and one of my dear friends Pattie called me bright and early and she told me to think of it as a blessing.  So, I sit here with tears in my eyes, thinking of my brother and what he would be doing right now if he were still here but I feel like I got the best birthday present anyone could ever give me.  I know that he is not here, that he is in heaven but I swear it felt like he was right with me and it made me feel fantastic.  I would kill for another hug or another "I love you" and I know I cannot get that until I am up in heaven with him so I will take what I can get.  Maybe it was his way of making me feel special on this day and I can tell you this, I do.  So today started off on the right note and thank you to Pattie for helping me realize how much of a blessing this is!

1 comment:

Launa said...

Oh sweet Pattie!!! So glad she was there for you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails