Thursday, March 5, 2009

Not Everyone Is Thrilled With Cali


The worst part of motherhood for me is seeing one of my kids sad and there is really nothing I can do about it. Today was one of those days. It started out normal, I had a doctors appointment to meet my new doc and Cassidy had school. Things went pretty smoothly. When I picked up Cassidy she said she wasn't feeling good and I could see the runny nose and watery eyes already. It has since progressed and is worse now. However, that is not the feeling bad I am talking about. Tonight Will was helping her with homework and she just sat there staring at her paper after a while and tears started streaming down her face. Will tried to ask what was wrong but didn't get anything from her so I stopped doing the dishes and had her come to the kitchen. I asked what was wrong and she broke down saying she wanted to go back to her old house. So, I out the dishes on hold for a little while and sat on the couch with her. She says she misses her friends at church and doesn't like it here. There has been a girl named Yasmine who is picking on her, I even saw a her try to hit Cassidy with her luggage like backpack one afternoon as I was picking her up, but I know she has made some friends. We just had to have the talk that it takes a while for you to get used to a new place and new friends. I guess I was so happy moving back her I just assumed the kids would follow suit and be happy. Will and I had already decided earlier in the week that we would take the girls to Sea World on Saturday because we hadn't done anything just for them since we got here and I am glad we decided on that, I think she needs a little downtime from all this moving/unpacking business. I have been slacking on the rest of the boxes and almost have her room done but now know that I need to get it done quicker, maybe it will help her feel more at home.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails