Thursday, May 13, 2010

Boing Putty

Today after I picked Cass up from school we ran a couple of errands.  Some for the Girl Scouts and some for a project I was asked to do.  Of course, if a project is involved, it normally means a trip to Michael's, and so we did.  Of course we were dragged in kicking and screaming, we cannot stand that place!!!!  Upon our time at the check-out stand we spotted these sitting in a dollar bin........
 
What on earth is boing putty?  And why is it only a dollar?  Obviously it peaked my interest so I bought one in pink and one in purple.  I asked the lady if she had ever played with one before (and by the way, the lady looked like a teenager and was telling me about her son who runs from cops, lovely people we have here at Michael's) to which I got a dirty look followed by "ummmm, no" which was followed by "they make a pretty cool sound though when squeezed".  Without yelling "didn't you just say you have never played with this stuff before?  Why do you feel the need to be a closet boing putty player?" I made my purchase and was out the door.  Less than an hour later we were home and broke out our boing putty.  This stuff is pretty darn cool!!!!  It has virtually no smell.  I say that only for the fact that when i was little we had something similar called Gak and it was slimy and smelled horrid.  The only reason I kept playing with it was the cool fart sound it would make when pushed back into its container.  Oh the things that bring me joy.  Anyways, back to the boing putty.  This stuff is pretty freakin cool!!!!  It makes absolutely no mess.  It isn't oily so my table wasn't a mess after and it bounces and by that I mean that sucker when rolled into a ball will bounce your  pictures right off the wall if you let it.  And I am sure you know who almost had a heart attack upon seeing this squishy substance...........


She had a blast.  These were a snazzy pair of sunglasses her momma made her, only the best fashions for my little one!!!!!!
This one decided to go CSI on us and scope out her poor dead gingerbread man she had made.  Which was soon turned into a round ball that bounced around our house.
This one wasn't so sure on what it was.  She knew she couldn't eat it and was pretty upset............
Until daddy squished it on her nose, that made her giggle and come back for more.  Needless to say, it was completely worth my dollar!!!  I am all about my kiddos having a good time while mommy doesn't have a fit from the mess being made.  I am sure we will use this stuff until it dries out, which I am not too sure actually happens.  It could be made by twinkie and be the only thing left on earth after Armageddon.

3 comments:

Launa said...

Super cute post! Made me laugh! And, as always, your girls are so adorable!!
Hey, one of these days we should make a date at Michaels (after the babies go to sleep) and just wander the isles! oh, and pick up some more of that goo!

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

That stuff looks like a lot of fun!

Cute Blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie....enjoyed getting to know you Friday night and reading your blog (what beautiful girls you have....can't wait to meet them someday soon). Keep up the FAITH....love....Vicki (launa's mom)
P.S. I will have to go to Michael's and pick up some of that "goo" stuff for my "kids"....with my job when you hear about anything for a $1 you go and buy them out....take care

Related Posts with Thumbnails