Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Little Early........


Here on the west coast we have 1 1/2 hours left until it is officially Mother's Day and yes, I write that as if it matters, haha. However, my wonderful friend Julie told me about a blog the other day so I have been reading all about her wonderful life. Her name is Kelle Hampton and you can read all about her here. Tonight she posted her post for Mother's Day and it was beautiful. One of the things that hit me the most was when she said that her kids have replaced her heart with a new one. Her second daughter was born with Down Syndrome and I am sure you know just by me saying that that she has been through a lot, just coming to terms with her sweet baby not being what she thought she would be. And it made me think of Cassidy. I find myself so often thinking of life before Epilepsy and what that was like. Life this time of year was so completely different, it seemed so normal now looking back at it. But what is normal? I think I have fallen in love with Cassidy replacing my heart with a new one. I have learned so much since August 2009. I feel like a whole new person. I have learned a lot and I think I have focused more on being a good mom. Not going everywhere as if that's the only way my kids would have a decent childhood. We were a lets go here and now lets go there family, but now it is ok to stay home and just focus on us. It is a beautiful thing!!!!!! I think I feel so much more like a mom this year than I ever have. I wish I could write as beautifully as Kelle writes over at her blog (or everyone else who blogs actually) but I hope you get what I am saying. The motherhood I am experiencing is totally not what I had planned on but I am so happy to have been chosen to live it. Don't get me wrong, i would love for my girl to be healthy and not have to take meds everyday. But she is alive and I get to wake up to her beautiful face each and every morning.
And to my beautiful mom friends who have taught me so much, you are all so amazing to me and continue to teach me new ways to be a great mom. I love spending time with all of you and to my wonderful awesome Julie who is the best mom I know, I miss you so much. I know you are having an amazing day with your new littlest one and his three big siblings, how awesome!!!!!!
Happy Mother's Day to you too mom!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your love and sacrifice and for always being there for me and Nik!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I realize this entry is old, but I just wanted to say. wow. You hit the head on the nail. oh, and my girls have the same green carters jammies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails