Monday, May 10, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas


Tonight's dinner was super yummy so I thought I would share. I have been making these for quite some time now along with other things and as much as I love food and want to be a chef, you would think I would be sharing. So, enjoy.........

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese; cubed
1 jar (8 oz) salsa; divided
flour tortillas (recipe calls for 8 but my pan normally fits more)
12 oz. velveeta cheese spread; cut up
1/4 cup milk
green onions (optional)

Stir chicken, bell pepper, cream cheese and 1/2 cup salsa in saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in lightly greased 12 x 8 inch baking dish. Stir cheese spread and milk in saucepan on low heat until smooth. Pour sauce over tortillas; cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour remaining salsa over tortillas.
(because of the kiddos I normally do not put the salsa on top after it is cooked, I have it on the side. I do however sprinkle green onions on top, yum)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails