Sunday, December 12, 2010

An Anniversary No One Ever Wants To Celebrate

Imagine putting your child to sleep at night, laying in bed thinking of all the things you have planned tomorrow.  Why not take the kids to the park?  You fall asleep and wake up in the morning, eager to get on with the day.  You decide to go wake up your sleepy head boy only to find that he will never wake up again.  Your day at the park turned into an evening filled with sadness and funeral preparations.  This sounds like a nightmare.  But for one family, exactly one year ago today, it was a reality.  Daniel George Stanton lost his life at the sweet young age of 4.  Now his family has to walk through life never knowing what an amazing man he would grow up to be, what an amazing advocate he could have been.  The hole that lives within their hearts I am sure feels like the Grand Canyon.  Please don't ever take life for granted!!!  Please know that there are things out there, things you may not even know of that could turn your life upside down and change it forever!! 
Do you know what SUDEP is?  Neither did I and as a parent of a child with Epilepsy, I should know.  Because of the Stanton family I do know and because of their foundation, The Danny Did Foundation I am able to sleep better knowing that if my daughter has a seizure in the middle of the night, I will be alerted by my EMFIT.  I know that times are tough right now, I know that the Christmas season probably has you strapped, but if there is any way you can donate to this amazing foundation, you will not only be donating money, you will be helping to save lives and raise awareness.  And if you cannot donate, please send up a prayer for this remarkable family.  It has only been one year and I am sure that the many more ahead of them will not be any easier without their sweet Danny.  Danny Did enjoy life, Danny Did love his family.....Danny, please know how much you have touched the lives of people you have never met.  You are a hero in my eyes!!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

what a super cute little guy... and what a great thing they have done in his memory! prayers to them today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails