Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Happenings

I don't plan on being on this computer for the next couple of days and because of that, here is my 2010 Christmas post.
We have had a filled December I tell you that.  I don't know if I just didn't realize so much goes on around here last year but holy moly, a lot goes on here this time of year!  It could have been that we had our oldest recently diagnosed with Epilepsy and I was a little weary with taking her out with all the lights and sounds and business, I think I was putting her in my bubble and staying home!  But staying home this year, we have not done.
We started with choir performances and church gatherings and Girl Scout parades and that led into parties.  We had parties for the EFMP here on base.  And if you are curious, EFMP stands for Exceptional Family Member and that's what our Cass is.  The girls were pretty excited, this would be the first time they got to sit and actually talk to Santa (we stopped by for a quick 'hi' at the mall but knew we would see him numerous times over so we just did a walk by and high five).




We also attended a Christmas party for ENOC, the Epilepsy Network of Orange County.  The girls had a great time, there was plenty to do.





We also went to a kids Christmas party for Will's command and the girls yet again saw Santa.  I was starting to wonder when seeing Santa would get old since they saw him at least 4 times prior but each and every time they let our squeals when the big man would walk in the room with his hearty "ho, ho ho".
We also had more choir performances and some school plays as well.






We ended all of our festivities with Girl Scouts baking in my kitchen and our local fire fighters getting a basketful of goodies.  So now, it is on to family celebrations and eyes sparkling and mouths dropped open.  Our smallest one is more than thrilled and has tried to open many presents so far.  Good thing I was smart enough to put them in unmarked boxes first, muahahahaha.
I do have to admit, as much as I love this time of year with everyone getting together and the warm fuzzies that come with it all, it gets me thinking of the ones who will not be with us this year.  It will be the third without my amazing brother and the very first without my Papa.  I know I will have my moments when I will have to walk away from the joy of it all to have a moment and wipe away the tears.
And lets not forget the reason why we celebrate.  I don't tell people to have a 'happy holiday' because we celebrate for one reason and one reason only.  We celebrate the birth our Saviour Christ Jesus.  We make our birthdays special each and every year and no one tells you not to celebrate or to say happy birthday in a different way as not to offend anyone.  Well, be offended.  I am offended that people are taking this holiday and making it into something politically correct.  So, just know, if you tell me to have a good holiday, I will make sure to tell you have have a Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

Merry Christmas right back at ya! Love ya girlie!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails