Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Events

This weekend was tiring and fantastic all in one.  It started out Friday with me getting a little shopping done all by myself, peaceful as that may be, I have to go back today to return and exchange things, I guess trying to get some shopping done super fats before you need to be somewhere does not always pay off.  Anyways, from the mall I went to my Aunts church for an event called Shebrews.  It is a woman's coffee night with gifts and scripture and music, it was a great time!!  I ate way too many sweets and think I need a sugar detox but it was wonderful!!! 


After it was over I stayed at my Grandmas house because at 4am I needed to be up and out the door with my Aunt and cousin to volunteer at the Gladiator Rock N Run.  The proceeds go to help Epilepsy so I knew it was something I needed to volunteer for.  However, 4am comes quickly and it was maybe 40 degrees.  Did i mention I forgot a sweatshirt so I got to wear a super thin cardigan?  Yay!!  But in all honesty, it was a lot of fun.  I got to meet some amazing people, talk about Cassidys story and witnessed men in outfits I am sure they normally would not be caught dead in.  I am very thankful for my wonderful Aunt and cousin who came out as well.  They braved the cold and massive amounts of people but they did it in the name of Epilepsy and for that I am ever so thankful!!!! 
Do I end there?  How would it be a crazy weekend if it ended there?  After spending 6 hours at the Rock N Run, I drove home to get my girl ready for her very first choir performance.  She was performing at a local church with her other choir members and the San Clemente Choral Society.  My mom came out to see her as well.



The performance went longer than expected and since we had to be on the road to our next event for the day, as soon as our girl came off stage, we left out the side door.  I did feel guilty, I did not want the others thinking I did not enjoy their singing but we had other places to be.  I felt better once I saw at least 4 other families doing the same thing, lol.  So, with that being over with, we were off in the car to Fallbrook for the Christmas parade that my Girl Scouts were in.  The drive on base to the Fallbrook gate was typical but as soon as we exited into the town, it was sheer madness, cars were everywhere and roads were blocked.  We were told not to park in the grocery store parking lot but Cass started to not feel good (she tends to get hot in the car and proceed to throw up, we are used to it but it is never fun).  So, we pulled into the forbidden parking lot and as the man with the clipboard started towards us to tell us how we were not allowed to stay there, he saw my sweet one bent over a bush and decided to let us stay.  The good part of it all was that we were then able to park in the parking lot and have good seating for the parade.  So, my mom, Will and the 2 small ones sat and watched while Cass and I joined our other Girl Scouts for the parade.  It was a great time, I loved seeing all the little kids so happy, waving and yelling "Merry Christmas".  Our girls would wave and yell back, some sending out a cheerful "Happy Hanukkah" (yeah, that was my child, she wanted to make sure she had everyone covered, lol).  After it ended, we decided dinner would be a good option, the kids were cold and hungry.  Cass got even more sick on the way to the restaurant and even sicker on the way home.  Needless to say, she was happy to be home in her bed.  As was I, being up at 4am and not getting to bed until 11pm is not fun.  I feel like I got hit by a truck today, how did I get so old?  Now, off to the mall and hopefully not needing to go back for quite some time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails