Sunday, January 9, 2011

What's For Dinner?


Let me start by saying that the above photo is not mine.  This recipe was so super yummy that I forgot to take any pictures before or even after I ate dinner last night.  Before hand I was too hungry and it smelled ridiculously good and after I was so stuffed I just wanted to clean my kitchen and sit down with a good glass of wine.  Needless to say, I didn't realize I didn't take a picture of my own until I was needing to put it in containers to be put into my fridge, oh well, the above picture I am sure is way prettier than anything I would have shot.  Moving on......
Dinner was fantastic last night.  I decided to make Ree Drummond, aka Pioneer Woman's Butter Chicken.  It was ridiculously good, I think you got that from my description above.  It is not healthy by any means, it does require you to put a whole pint on whipping cream in it, but it is oh so yummy!!!  I did change things a bit for my family but they weren't anything that I feel made a huge difference.  The first big blunder I made was not reading the entire recipe and about 2 hours before I planned to start cooking, I read that you need to marinate the chicken overnight.  Mine got a full hour.  However, it was still flavorful and I loved it.  The second thing I did was after marinating, I chopped the chicken into bite sized pieces to cook it.  I was reading in some of the comments that the traditional butter chicken recipe (which is Indian I believe) has the chicken cut up into small pieces.  And lastly, I only added 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper.  I am not a huge fan of super spicy food and I know my kids would not have touched it if it were, so I cut it back.  The dinner was fantastic.  Our oldest had a friend stay the night and even she said it was great!!  I look forward to eating the leftovers!!!!
Oh, and I feel the need to mention how ecstatic I am because Ree will be out here in California next month and I plan on kidnapping my amazing friend Launa and taking her with me to meet her!!!  Here's hoping Marlboro Man and his wranglers makes an appearance, I am sure my camera could handle that, hehe.

2 comments:

Launa said...

Oh my. That does look incredibly yummy! I should try that soon!
And, um, I don't think you'll have to kidnap me... I'll be waiting on the curb (or throwing you in my car) to head on up to meet Ms. Ree!!
BTW - we are such dorks!

The Hall Family said...

We are dorks but thats why we get along, lol, I get all giggly when I think of going to meet her, lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails