Saturday, June 20, 2009

Doctors Appointments


Both Hayley and I had doctors appointments this last week. Hayley had her cardiology appointment. When she was born they heard a heart murmur, it seemed to stay or get stronger with each appointment, and right after she was born we seemed to have an appointment every other day since she was considered failure to thrive. When she was admitted, they told me they wanted me to make a cardio appointment. I did, but it was not until this last week (of course you cant get a quick appointment). And on top of that, it was half-way to San Diego, luckily Cassidy was out of school so I didn't have to worry about her as well. Besides the major accident that shut the freeway down and made us almost an hour late, the appointment went well. Hayley weighed in at 12 pounds 5 ounces, that's my girl :) She is showing them the whole failure to thrive was just a little joke on her part. She definitely is filling in nicely :) The doc told me that she has peripheral pulmonary stinosis, I know I spelled that completely wrong. But, in other words, her pulmonary artery is narrowed by the surrounding tissue which makes it harder for blood to flow through, which causes the murmur. He said to treat her like any other normal little girl but that he wants to see us back in December to look at it again. She was a trooper the whole time, even when they had the cords hooked up to her, she was all smiles :) Then the following day I had my appointment. It was my third doc I have had here so far and I think I am keeping this one, he seems normal. I had him check my moles, I was worried about one of them. He said they all look normal but if any bothered me at all, that he could take them off. One under my arm that is pretty big has always bothered me so I asked him to do that one. He did it with liquid nitrogen. When he put it in the cup, it started steaming and sizzling, not sounding too good to me, lol. Then he got a small q-tip to put in the middle. Saying he "put it in the middle" is a nice way of saying, he burned the hell out of my arm!!!!! After he got done with the small one, he grabbed an extra large one and proceeded to burn the rest and a surrounding area. It is 2 days later and I have an enormous blister surrounding my mole and the blister is surrounded in a 5 inch diameter by a large white puffy skin thing. So gross. It doesn't hurt today though, the first day it felt like someone was singing off my arm!!!! He asked if I wanted any more done and thank God I said no, lol. I will keep you posted in December on how Hayley is doing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails