Thursday, February 25, 2010

EEG


Today Cassidy had her EEG. My wonderful friend Launa was gracious enough to watch the 2 smaller ones while I took her down there. And she took them while she was working at church and then headed home to her 2 kids as well, she is pretty much wonder woman in my eyes these days!!!!! The test went pretty well. Cassidy was super shaky the whole time we were there, especially when she had to lay on the bed and get hooked up to the wires. During the test she had some seizures, and when they did the light test, the results went off the charts almost. The doctor quickly stopped the test and had her try to relax but it scared the heck out of me. I kept trying to tell myself, "God made you a strong woman to be able to handle this, He thinks you can handle this, so handle it". Granted, Cassidy has it much worse, I am not trying to say I had it the worst out of the 2 of us, but it is so hard to see her laying there seizing and there is nothing I can do about it. And then wondering if this could be the seizure that will cause major brain damage. When I see her seize, there is a part of me that wonders if she will wake up and be different. Of course the policy of the hospital is to tell you nothing (do I even have to mention not being a fan of that policy?). I was told last time I talked to the nurse at Cassies neurologist that she would be reading the results on her lunch break on Friday and then giving me a call. I am hoping she sees all the activity that was recorded and will call sooner. Until then, we are taking it easy. And the good news is that Will comes home tonight. I have no clue what time that will be, he normally would be back by now and he sent me a text to say they were still in the field, so I am thinking it will be a late night. I guess that is good though. He can come home to a nice long hot bath to get all the dirt off and then relax without kids crawling all over him, tomorrow can be the day for that :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails