Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Amazing Night

Last week I received an amazing e-mail.  It was from a lady who works for World Vision.  Remember that house party I did for World Vision?  Well, I guess they kept my info and sent me an invitation to dinner followed by the World Vision Make a Difference Tour featuring Toby Mac, Third Day, Michale W. Smith and Jason Gray.  For those who are not into Christian music, you probably have no clue who I am talking about.  I love Third Day so I was super excited to see them.  And I knew who Michael W. Smith was but I hadn't heard of the others.  I was in complete awe.  Toby Mac rocked it!!!!!  I was talking to one of the ladies from World Vision about how my daughters love the Black eyed Peas but I never realized how much foul language is on their cd.  I was used to the radio version so after buying the cd and putting it in my car with my girls in the car with me, I realized how much offensive language is on that cd, I think Kendall even learned to say s@#* from it.  So, to have a cd from a band like Toby Mac whose vibe is similar to the Pea's but without the offensive content (unless praising God is offensive to you, you never know these days) is awesome.....and I admit to rocking out to some funky Jesus music as well :)  The concert was amazing within itself but the truly amazing part was seeing a stadium filled with people worshipping God.  People growing stronger in their faith and some coming to know Him for the very first time.  It is just an amazing experience!  And I got to meet Brian Haley from Toby Mac!!!  He is a genuine, down to earth person who you wish would become your instant best friend!  Here are some pics.........
Mister Toby Mac
Max Lucado
Third Day (there are many better pics but I liked the name in the back on this one)
Brian Haley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all it was an amazing night!  There were thousands of people coming together to worship our God and celebrate together.  And something else pretty amazing, I think it was about 250 kids who were sponsored that night, one of them a boy turning 8 whose birthday was that night!!!!  what an amazing difference people are making in our world, I hope that I can make such a difference before I leave this earth!!!!

2 comments:

Launa said...

Love this post!! Super fun and I love the pics (especially the cropped one!!) Hehe!
Anyways, I'm definitely going to have to buy that Tobey Mac cd!!

Kim said...

I *love* Toby Mac and Micheal W. Smith. I've Seen Micheal W Smith in concert like 5 times. He was actually my first concert!

Related Posts with Thumbnails