Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh Come On!!!

Back in June I started having some major medical issues.  I had no clue what was going on and neither did my doctor.  I basically felt like I was dying and my doctor started to think I had some rare disease because all of the tests she was doing were coming back normal, yet I was still feeling like I was dying.  This is the test I got to do last week...........

Hooray for heart monitors!!

Before that I had a heart ultrasound.  And good thing that my heart was fine because during the 24 hours I had to monitor on, I also had the stomach flu.  So, the diary they wanted me to do was lovely; 6pm threw up, 6:30pm threw up, that went on every 30 minutes for almost 24 hours, it was fantastic!!!  Anyways, flash forward to today and my follow up.  Like I said before, my heart is fine.  But what did I also figure out in the last 2 weeks?  When I would have my "episodes" and felt like I was passing out and my blood pressure was sky-rocketed and my heart was palpitating and I was almost going to pass out......I had just had coffee or iced tea or even Excedrin Migraine.....what do they all have in common?  Caffeine!!  Some more testing and guess what?  I have a severe allergy to caffeine!!!  Kind of like the kids who cant have nuts or even look at a nut without going berserk?  Yeah, that's now me, only from caffeine.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad we found out what has been wrong with me and it is isn't going to kill me or have me go through any type of treatment, so I am happy.  But no chocolate?  That cant be right!  So, what did I do?  I came home and had a hand full of chocolate covered Dibs.....and right about now I feel like I am dying.....I think I have a severe caffeine allergy!

1 comment:

Launa said...

Yeah! Yeah! I'm so excited to find out that this is all it is... I know not having chocolate will drive you crazy but it's way better then the alternative!!
Oh, and come on dork... you came home and had chocolate? trying to double check the doctor?
BTW I also have a great strawberry cupcake recipe you can have... no caffeine in that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails