Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Life

Ok, so i know that I promised a fun filled blog with pictures yesterday, only I do not have any new pictures downloaded and I am being lazy.  Plus, there are much more important things going on.  did you see the first miner pulled out from the earth last night?  How amazing and historic was that?  I admit, I cried like a baby.  How could you not?  Families thought for 17 days that their loved one was dead.  Then the jubilation of finding out they were alive because of a note that was written and sent to the surface.  Then to be told they may not be able to get them out until Christmas!!!  Then finding out that today is the day.....who wants to hug their loved one?  As soon as I heard they were lowering the first rescuer down into the deep dark tunnel, in what is a tiny panic attack waiting to happen cage, I was glued to the tv!  Anderson Cooper was my go to guy, I love the way he delivers news!  I think he even told a couple of people to be quiet so they wouldn't be running the moment unfolding on the tv, who wants to hear other people talk?  I want to hear what is going on!  I was a little aggravated once Larry King came on.  First off, his expert guest on all things mining was Mike Rowe, you know, the guy from the show Dirty Jobs.  Don't get me wrong, I like to watch him do his show, the reality tv show that has nothing to do with mining, and he is pretty darn hot (I am just sayin here people, I speak truth).  But to be an expert guest?  And it showed.  I think Mike and Larry went back and forth on the order of who would be going first and who would be going last out of the mine.  I think it went something like this:
Mike: Who gets to go first?  Do they do the ultimate game of rock, paper, scissors or something?
Larry: Oh I don't know but I am sure it has to happen like that, how do you choose?
Mike: Exactly, it had to be that!
Really?!!  I am in no way a journalist for breaking news, I have never had an interest in being a high profile journalist.  However, I read a ton of times the day before that they would be chosen based upon their health and that would be determined by a medical professional once they had access to the men.  Hello?  are you not reporting on the news?  Know the freaking news gentlemen.....and don't bring on the situation to discuss important news events, I mean really.  Ok, so maybe Mike is a step above the situation, but it is basically the same thing when reporting on world events.  Alright, off my soap box I go to fish out my camera and hopefully have pictures and fun light-hearted blogging tomorrow :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails