Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Proper Birthday Post

I have been feeling guilty for not writing a birthday post for my youngest who just turned 2.  I wouldn't feel guilty normally, it doesn't mean I love her any less, but all of my other girls have had one so she deserves one too, not one riddled with ER visits overshadowing her beautiful day.  I wont be writing her entire birth story, it may be beautiful to me but I am sure you wouldn't mind me skipping the details of my slimy baby and girly parts.  However, I do have to mention how much of a moron I was and how close I was to having her at home.  I had already taken my oldest to school and was home alone with my middle girl and started to feel pain that felt like gas pains.  It felt nothing like labor.  I mentioned to my sister over Facebook (oh technology) how I felt like I was having gas pains every five minutes.  She told me gas was not timeable and to be careful and the next thing I knew, my mom was calling and she was on her way.  And thank God for her, by the time she got down here and picked up my oldest from school, I knew it was labor pains......and the hospital is a good hour away.  Needless to say, she was born within 45 minutes of us getting to the hospital.  Good job mom!!!!  So glad my little gas bubble was born in a hospital!!!
So, to celebrate her 2nd birthday, we ventured down to Sea World.  The girls love this place and it isn't too much to do all in one day.  Not to mention, Elmo is there now and we cannot leave without a giant hug fest.



The next day, on her actual birthday, we had a family party.  yes, the morning did not start out right and yes, it put me way behind schedule and yes, the food was not that great and the cake was embarrassing, but we were together and celebrating the life of my sweet girl and because of that, I say it was perfect.  So, it may be a little late, but Happy Birthday my sweet angel.  you bless us each and every day with your sweet smile and your infectious laugh.  You brighten mommies day when you are right next to her helping with the laundry and I don't think your sisters mind when you help clean their rooms too.  You are practically perfect in every way!!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to that sweet girl!! She's awesome and I'm glad you had a great time at Sea World even though her actual birthday was a little off!!! Miss you all something big!!! Hope to see you soon!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails