Thursday, April 7, 2011

Up on my soapbox

I like to think that I can hold my own in a political or world view conversation.  I may not be the brightest bulb in the box but I feel like I can hold my own.  However, I rarely like to get political, it can turn the best of friends into enemies and in this case, the most loyal of readers who decide to never read again.  If you are reading this blog because you found me on the UBP, let me apologize for the following statements in advance and promise you that I am not on here as a political blog and this is a very rare occasion, I just feel as if I am being called out and need to step up upon my old, creaky soapbox that is rarely used and make a statement.  Ok, now that the disclaimer is over, here goes..........
This whole government shut down is a pain in my ass!!!!!  yes, I said ass, that too is rarely used on here but it defines exactly how I feel.  I get that there are differing views and people want to see things go one way as opposed to the other, but those very same people make hundreds upon thousands if not millions per year and can go without getting a paycheck for a couple of weeks.  They may just need to eat at home and not go to the mall for a bit but it wont hit them hard.  The people it will be hitting hard are people like me.  Military families who make as little as $23,000 a year fighting for your freedom.  No, I am not one of the ones who make $23,000, luckily it has been years since we have made that little but I can tell you we don't make a heck of a lot more.  So, to think that maybe next week when we would be getting paid and heading to the commissary to do some grocery shopping and hopping online to pay bills, that instead we will be sitting ducks without a penny coming in, it scares the heck out of me.  I have been getting messages from people who want me to stop being so negative and look on the brighter side and realize that the military is not the only ones who will be out of pay and possibly out of a job.  Trust me, I feel for everyone who is in this position but I don't see a brighter side.  And I don't see the people who make the big bucks who are the ones deciding whether or not I get a paycheck offering up any of their millions to help subsidize for those who will be getting nothing, or even offering a pay cut, maybe instead of making 2 million a year they can opt for 1.5 million and have the rest go back to help stimulate the economy.  It makes me mad that the "small" people of this great nation will be the ones who are most affected and the ones who are in the most need.  So no, I will not stop being "negative" about this.  I think that I am a very positive person who has taken a ton of crap thrown on her plate and turned it into something pretty.  I feel like an emotional magician most days but on this, well, it just stinks and you cannot turn something stinky into a good smelling rose no matter what you do.  Ok, thank you for your time, lending me your ears, now can someone give me a hand and help me down form this dang box, it is a little creaky and not used to having someone on it :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails