Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SYTYCD Part 1,000

If I am not watching So You Think You Can Dance on tv, I am eagerly awaiting for them to go on tour so I can sit front row and meet all the dancers after.  Yes, I am a little obsessed, but in a healthy way.  And yesterday topped it off, it was AMAZING!!  My Aunt and one of my friends both got tickets to a live taping.  This was not only exciting because it was a live taping but they have yet to air who actually has made the top 20 and will be on the show.  I have been sworn to secrecy about who has actually made it but I can tell you this, they are AMAZING!!!  And I am sure people say this every year but seriously, nothing was out of place last night.  They all danced strong and I was in awe.  After some of the numbers, I  was speechless!!!!  And not only did I see the dancers perform, I got to hear the amazing judges give feedback.  People like Robin Anton, Lil C, Tyce Deorio (swoon), Mary Murphy and Nigel Lythgoe.  Can I say how awesome Nigel is?  We were there for 2 tapings.  The one they did in the morning did not have many people there and we got to stand front row to the right of the stage (I am wearing a blue cardigan, look for me, this is the last number where all top 20 dance, during the show I was seated in the middle 4 rows back).  Ok, back to Nigel, amazing power this man has.  There was part of the stage that eh did not like and as soon as he said he did not want it there, it was gone.  he didn't demand it like he was a power hungry a-hole, he just told it like ti was and because of his authority, people listened.  I was a little in awe.  One guy did give some lip and I thought the poor guy might get fired, I kind of wanted to go up to him and let him know who the man he was talking to was and that maybe he should just do it, lol, but none of that happened and Nigel was pleased.  At the later taping,t hey also had choreographers there.  Travis Wall and Sonya Tayeh to name a few.  And can I say this?  I did not get to sit and talk to Travis and I have always been a huge fan.  During his season I lived in Virginia Beach, VA where his mom has a dance studio and we were all Travis crazy.  He seemed like a major jerk!!  I was really let down.  When others were talking and not about him or when other choreographers were being praised for their work, he would sit arms crossed rolling his eyes and the only time he seemed happy or pleased was when they were talking about him.  He really came off as arrogant and it is so sad, it seems like Hollywood and fame has taken its toll on him, so sad!  Some dancers from past seasons were there as well, Robert (swoon again) and Katherine who looks identical to my cousin Jessica who was there as well.  It was just an awesome day and I am hoping I can go to another taping before it stops filming this season.  On a side note, as we were walking form the Grove to the taping for the second taping session, we saw none other than Ice T and Coco.  I know some of you may laugh but I was pretty excited.  And she is gorgeous!!!  I always thought she looked a little trashy but she looks gorgeous in person.  We weren't allowed to have cameras on the CBS property but we did get some pictures before going in late that afternoon......



So, I highly suggest watching this season!!!  Tonight the Las Vegas auditions will air and tomorrow, Thursday, June 09, the taping I was at will air.  It is the debut of the top 20 and it is a must see.  And see if you can spot me and my friends and family.  You may not get a prize for spotting us but, well, just do it anyway :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails