Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Raise Awareness

I write this blog to keep people updated on the goings on in our lives here.  I started this years ago, mainly for my family since I was living out of state and I would always get asked what was new and didn't want to repeat it all the time.  Somehow it has turned into something more.  I am sharing our life's struggles, our highs and our lows and throwing some recipes and fun stuff in from time to time.  Almost 2 years ago we started walking down a new road.  My oldest was diagnosed with Epilepsy, you can read her story over here.  It took me a little while to feel like I was standing strong again, it really knocked me down for a while and ever since then, I want to raise awareness.  Not only for her, but for kids who no longer have a voice, in the video below, it is summed up perfectly, "life isn't fair, sometimes it just isn't".  That statement is so true.  Seeing my child lay in a hospital bed hooked up to IV's and undergoing numerous testing, I think, life is not fair.  I wish I could take her place for her and go through her pain for her but I also think, no one should have to take her place.  It isn't fair for anyone to have to go through this.  Please take a moment and watch this video.  These are just a handful of families who have been affected and thee are numerous more out there.  I am one of those families.


After watching, if you feel the need to help or want to know what you can do for families like me, please just let me know.  One thing you will find about people living with Epilepsy is that they want people to know and they don't mind people helping raise awareness on their behalf.  Thank you in advance!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails