Monday, June 13, 2011

Welcome To Adulthood......A Little Late

So with the recent turn of events in my life I have found it necessary to get a job.  I am definitely not complaining, I am actually looking forward to this new stage and know that it will bring much happiness in the long run.  However, I have been a stay at home mom for 9 years and the only jobs I have had during that time was working at a mall and working in a restaurant.  I feel like I am very accomplished, I feel like i have done a lot for my kids, I have been a voice for my daughter and her Epilepsy and I feel like I am constantly learning new things and multi-tasking the heck out of life.  What is my kryptonite lately?  A flippin resume.  Even the word brings me to my knees.  Education?  Well, that would be my diploma from high school 11 years ago.  Work?  Cracker Barrell and Bath and Body Works.  Skills?  Many, I can change a dirty diaper while getting my other kid dressed while brushing my teeth and packing a school lunch.  Oh whats that, you don't care?  Oh good, glad my resume is mainly just my name and address.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I feel like I have suddenly done nothing while feeling like I have done everything.  here's hoping I can use those amazing mommy skills and pull off an amazing resume because right now, the outlook is grim.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails