Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Am Ticked!


Ok, so when I watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition, I rarely get ticked at the people and think they don't deserve their new home but tonight I am sitting here yelling at the tv. Ok, granted, the people have had a hard time. The guy is in the Army and almost died from a gunshot wound in Iraq and once he got home, and he was ok with no complications, a tornado hit their home and completely destroyed it. The story is sad, don't get me wrong but then I started getting pissed. The people never started to rebuild themselves a home because they said their insurance money wasn't enough. But, because he is Army they were able to live on base in a house that is actually nice base housing from what they showed on the inside. The people didn't even have their own furniture, seriously, the insurance check didn't cover any furniture either, I highly doubt that. And they kept talking about how sad it is that they don't have their own home and have to live in that place. Welcome to 98% of people in the military people, most people live in housing only they don't complain because they know that comes with being military. You have a roof over your head right? That's better than most people. And then they said they had to be out soon because the Army was kicking them out............because he is choosing to get out of the military. Hello, if you cant afford to live outside of being military, why the hell are you getting out? Do you really think I love having my husband go overseas and not know how he is doing sometimes and at times I would love for us to get out and just go home to California? But, I know if we get out we wouldn't make enough to survive right now so we stay in. We stay in and give our family a good life and when we can afford it, we will get out. But they know they are not in a good spot to get out but want to anyways and are now complaining and want a free house. Where is your insurance money? What did you spend it on if you have none? All the other people in their town were rebuilding, not sitting on their butt complaining on how bad they have it. I hate when people make their life seem so hard when they only choose to make it that way, they don't see what they have right in front of them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails