Saturday, January 24, 2009

What A Great Morning!!!


So, I still feel horrid but I had signed up to be at a fundraiser this morning for a great organization Lydia Home. The organization helps place kids in temporary homes. Most of the time they cannot be taken care of by their family because they have a single mom who cannot get a job because she used to have a criminal record and therefore is on welfare. Most of the women as well have had a horrible upbringing, they were molested and beaten, and never given a real chance to get their life in order. So, I was there selling Arbonne and 20% of my profits are going back to Lydia Home!!! While I was there I was talking to one of the ladies I see at church on Thursdays. She actually has a little boy named Michael in her care and he is the sweetest boy in the whole world. She was there selling this really pretty necklaces and earrings. She started talking about what the profits from the jewelry go to and I was floored, I was almost in tears. She calls her company Michael's Chance and for every piece sold, the women who sell it get 50 cents. The jewelry themselves go for $10. She was asking if I would be interested and I am going to do it. I don't need to hold shows or things of that nature and I am not stopping Arbonne but I feel like I would be making a huge difference with this. They ask that any money I make, if I can take a portion of it and give it back to these women who right now don't have a chance to get on their feet. For example, with her profits, she doesn't need any of the money so what she has done is take all of her profit and she has personally been able to help 2 women get a place of their own. These women were homeless until she helped them. I am just so excited to be able to help other women, it is especially needed out in California. So, even though I feel like crap, I fell a little rejuvenated and feel like I can start to make a difference. So all in all, it has been a great morning!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails