Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Public schools, ugh!!!!


So, when Cassidy started her second grade school year here, it was only a week after she had her seizure and was diagnosed with Epilepsy. The day before school started I sat down with the administrators and went over my needs for Cassidy while at school. One of the many things we decided on was no playing on the playground until we knew her meds were working properly, no contact sports and no running. It has since been 2 months and recently I sat down with her teacher and discussed a new action plan. Cassidy would be allowed to play on the playground, as long as someone was able to be out there supervising her so if she started to not feel good or went into a seizure, they would be there to help. I was told that was no problem. I just now received a phone call from the nurse expressing her feelings that Cassidy should not be allowed to play on the playground and that was the safest thing for her. I told her about my conversation with her teacher and she said there is no possible way someone could supervise Cassidy, and in the same sentence she said supervision is only for kids with specific health concerns. Ummm, hello, she has a specific health concern!!!!! This is really starting to make em mad, I am her mom, I am the one looking out for her and right now through her school I feel like I am being bullied into letting them choose for me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails