Monday, November 30, 2009

Really?!!!!!


I am not sure if I want to laugh or curl up in the fetal position and cry. Yesterday was some kind of day!!! Kendall wasn't feeling that good so I decided I was going to stay home with her and Hayley while Will went to church with Css and one of the Marines we had over for Thanksgiving. About 5 minutes before he was going to leave I decided to be brilliant and put up our Christmas tree. we have a pretty pre-lit one and it is easy to put together. And then Kndall and I could decorate while daddy was gone, she was pretty upset she couldn't go to church. So, I pull the bottom part of the tree out of the bag and look around at where to put it. I decided on the chair by the window, that way it wasn't on the floor and in the way, so I put it on the chair and I hear a crash and cracking noises coming from the window. How the heck could I forget that the bottom of the tree has a pole so that you could put it in the base?!!!! So, my tree went thru the window. I yelled for Will and he came down. I made him promise not to be mad (which he never does because he knows better when I say that, lol) and I told him and he kind of laughed because I think he thought it was a joke and I wasn't that much of a moron. And then he heard more cracking. I am kind of giggling about it now but I am sure I wont when we get the bill. Christmas was already tight.....I don't know what we will do. Then, Will was going to finish putting up the lights on the house. He had started the night before but when we plugged them in, a small part wasn't working. So, he decided to finish the next day. So he got back up on the roof and plugged away for quite a long time. After he was finished and was happy, he went to plug them in and it went on for a second...........and then they all went out. Now none are working. He is going to look at them today but I am sure he blew them all out :( Oh, and the tree isn't lighting up either. So, if that wasn't enough to squeeze into one day, I decided to make a london broil for dinner. It had been in the oven for a while when I pulled it out to check if it was done. It still needed a while more so I put it back in. About a minute later we heard a boom sound and smoke started pouring out of the oven. I opened it up and Will thought it was just bubbling over but the juice from the meat was coming from under the meat..............my pan had exploded!!!!! 2 seconds later all the smoke alarms in the house were going off and Will took the girls outside since the smoke was really bad. And the thing is, I had seen a recall about corningware and how the ones made after a certain date were exploding because they weren't heat resistant and some peoples ovens even almost exploded with the force of the blast. And I thought to myself "that sucks for those people"....................I guess it was a welcome to the club, lol. Needless to say it was one of those days. Lets hope today is better!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails