Saturday, November 28, 2009

What a blessed Thanksgiving!!!!!


This Thanksgiving we adopted 2 Marines from the school of infantry. We ended up getting 2 amazing young men named Steve and Sal. Steve is 20 and from a small town in Indiana and Sal is 18 and from Illinois. They were both very respectful and loved playing with the girls. The thing that got me though was when I asked Steve if he had a church he goes to out here. Since he got to the house he had been talking about being baptized and his faith so I wanted to ask. He said he had been going to the one on base but he would love to go with us. He then said that his family had been praying for 2 weeks that he would find a good Christian family to spend Thanksgiving with, so it meant a lot to have us welcome him in to our family. I was in tears!!!!!! His family had been praying and we were the answer to prayer, I don't think I have ever been told that I was an answer to prayer!!!! So amazing!!! So, tomorrow Sal is coming with us and Steve said probably next weekend because he has a friend whose grandparents are coming in for the weekend and they are going to the base chapel. God works wonders and it made em feel so blessed. And then on Friday I had a black Friday lunch with both my Aunts, my cousin Jessica and one of my Aunts friends. And later that night we went over to my Aunts for a Thanksgiving part 2 :) It was a great night as well!!!!!

Nothing new is going on with my medical issues unfortunately. I was finally able to get a doctors appointment (like he said he wanted in the first place) after getting the run around but the appointment was pointless. He looked in my throat and saw they were still there and put in a consult for the ENT clinic. He said they would call within 10 days and if I didn't hear by then to call them. I think I will call them anyway on Monday :) So, nothing has really changed with that one, thank you all for the prayers though, it means so much to me. I am so emotional these days with all that is going on, I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!!!! And if you are reading this....you are one of them :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails