Friday, April 30, 2010

Cover Girls


About a month ago my mom, Cassie and I all went down to the Girl Scout headquarters in San Diego for a leadership photo shoot. All I did was get an e-mail asking who had generations of Girl Scouts in their family. I wrote back and told them that we had at least 5 however only 3 of us would be able to show up. They told us to come one down. So, we did. We met a lot of other families, a lot who had a ton of Girl Scout history along with a ton of pictures and things with patches and pins on it. We had a fun time, it was so nice to get to have that time together and share a special day. But both my mom and I said there is no way we would even be in the magazine (oh yeah, the pictures would be published in a national magazine, forgot to mention that small part, haha) since there was a ton more people with a longer and more extensive history than us. A couple of days later I got an e-mail asking if we wanted copies of our pictures and if so to look for them in the mail. Flash forward to today. I received an e-mail letting me know I should get my cd and some copies of the magazine but in the meantime I can look at it online. So, I put the web address in my browser, hit enter, and what did I see? Me!!!! My mom!!!!! Cass!!!!!!! My first thought? Did she send me the link to the copies of our pictures? NO!!!!! We made the frickin cover!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!! Cass feels like a super model and I think it is the coolest thing to have done and get something super cool in return. I am keeping that magazine for forever and even thought of shadow boxing it with some other cool things. Now maybe Hollywood will see what they have been missing and I can go somewhere, hehe.

1 comment:

Launa said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys! It's a great pic! You all look beautiful!!! Missin' ya girlie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails