Sunday, June 6, 2010

Goin' Buggy

A couple of weeks ago Cassidy was in a play called Goin' Buggy.  I guess her school does a second grade play every year so now it was her turn.  I didn't know too much about the play, I had only received 2 papers.  The first had her one line on it and the next that she would be playing a ladybug and the costume was already taken care of.  So, all we had to do was show up and watch our little darlin show off her stuff.  I was super excited to see her, mainly because she had been super excited and because I love seeing my little ones shine.  When we got to the school, the room was pretty much empty except for the stage.


No it is not fantastic and over the top but it was super cute!!!  I sat in my seat waiting for the kids to come in.  Of course as soon as they all started coming in, I had to find my little ladybug.  As soon as I spotted her my eyes teared up and I wanted to cry.  Yes, I realize this is a little absurd and over emotional, that's just who I am.  I have no clue what I am going to do when my kids actually do something super amazing or when they graduate college, I am going to be an emotional wreck!!!!  But back to my ladybug, I spotted her sweet face and ran over to take a picture and give her a pre-show hug.  Look how excited she was!

After the hugathon (which I know she will not allow me to do in public one day so I am taking total advantage), I took my seat and watched the 30 something little bugs perform.  There was singing and dancing and each set of bugs got their own part.  Cass was one of the first to go so she and her fellow ladybugs took center stage.

After their singing and dancing number they all lined up to say their one line.  Ready set......

"Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet, stuffing her face with curds and whey.  YUCK!!!"  That's my girl :)  The rest of the play was super cute.  A lot of my Girl Scouts were in it as well so I felt super proud.  And after it was over, we headed back to the classroom for a picture of the bugs in Ms.James' class.

How cute are these kids?  And the best part came next, Cass got to go home!!!  Gotta love fun days at school when you get to go home early too.  We had to go back that night for a repeat performance and after we all headed out for a celebratory McDonald's dinner (Cassie's choice).  What a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails