Thursday, June 17, 2010

Milestone


Today is Cassidy's last day of second grade.  I know she is old enough but it still boggles my mind that I am old enough to have a child getting ready to go into the third grade.  I actually think I am taking it harder than she is, she is excited to be out for the summer, well, minus summer school, but that's not real school is what she tells me, haha.  I got all teary going into her classroom this morning to give Ms.James her gift and a nice big hug.  I guess I just feel close to certain people within the school since it has been a trying year.  Her teacher saw her through a seizure and helped her to calm down when she had behavioral outbursts.  The nurse was always right there if the hint of seizures popped up and helped to keep her healthy by being her lunch buddy.  This school year has been a different one for us and she missed quite a bit of it, but the times she was there (physically and mentally), she had amazing teachers to help her grow.  I was sad to not see her special ed teacher there.  Unfortunately she had a family emergency, she has been with Cass for 2 years now.  I look forward to seeing her at the beginning of next year.  And then Kendall will be in school too, Oy Vey, time will not stop for nothin!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails