Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Shirley J?

Does anyone use this stuff?  I came across it from checking out hip2save (which by the way is an amazing site where I get tons of samples and deals).  One of those deals one day was for a sample of Shirley J Universal Sauce.  Well, the sample came (a big full size product sample I might add) and I was excited to use it.  Supposedly you can use this universal sauce for a ton of different things, hinting to the name universal, haha.  Anyways, they swear top chefs use it to cut out the middle man and make simple fast recipes from it.  On the back of the packet is 3 recipes, the one I chose to make was Chicken Alfredo.  It was so ridiculously easy!!!!  I grilled some chicken on the BBQ and boiled some spaghetti noodles.  The sauce was simple.  I added 2 cups water and the contents of the universal sauce mix.  Let it simmer for 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup grated parmesan, let it boil another 5 minutes and voila......chicken alfredo is served.  I admit, I had to add a little salt for myself and it wasn't the best thing in the whole world.  It definitely wasn't one of those foods that hit your mouth and you feel like you must have it every second of the day.  But it was good.  Something I wouldn't mind having in my pantry when I don't feel like spending a long time on dinner yet want something yummy.  Because ti was pretty good I went to their website and it seems like it is a Tastefully Simple like business.  They have a lot of different foods and at extraordinary prices.  Which got me to thinking, has anyone ever used their products?  Do you know if they do parties where I could sample more before I buy?  because with the prices they offer, I want to buy, haha.  And they seriously have a 4 pound bag of brownie mix for $11, I think I could die.....and eat it all myself :)

1 comment:

Launa said...

I know absolutely nothing about that product... keep me updated on it though!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails