Sunday, May 31, 2009

Milestones


Yesterday was a beautiful and hard day all rolled into one. My beautiful niece Kayla turned 1!!!! She is so darn cute and loved eating her cake, I think her hands were blue for a little while after :) It was really good seeing her momma Brandi as well. Of course, the difficult part was not having Justin there to see his little girl reach a big milestone. I know he would have been so proud. They planted an avocado tree in the backyard too and spread some of his ashes before putting the tree in. Since I was not allowed to come to his service back in September because of doctors orders, this was the first time I had actually "let him go". It hurt so bad. I just really want him here, to be able to see him hold his little girl and to hear him say I love you again. I would give anything.....................

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails