Monday, August 30, 2010

Back To School

It is hard to believe that summer is already over for us and even harder to think that I have a third grader in my house.  I am so proud and excited for her, catch me here next week when I blubber over my middle ones very first day of school ever, then you will get tears.  But today I am excited to pick up my big girl from school and hear how her first day went.  She really didn't even want to go.  She was scared and very timid.  If you know my girl, with all she has been through, she is very sensitive and needs acceptance from everyone.  When someone doesn't have time to play, she doesn't brush it off and find someone else to play with, it becomes the worst thing in life and she goes to her room to cry.  I wish I could be at school and make sure she has someone to talk to, someone who will see just how cool she is and she will make a best friend.  I do think back to her first day of school ever, my little girl in front of our apartment in Virginia Beach, VA, she was so excited!


Oh how tiny she was!!!  Flash forward to this morning.............





Geez time flies!!!!  And it looks like someone got a better camera too :)  And should I even mention that those pants she is wearing in her pre-school picture don't even fit our middle one anymore?  She was smaller than my middle one is now!!!  Ugh, my heart just tried to leap out of my chest!!!  Happy first day to all the kids who went back today!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails