Saturday, August 28, 2010

Scrapbook Paper Flower

If you haven't been over to the Blueberry Monkey yet, I highly suggest that you so.  She is so amazingly crafty it is nuts!!!!  One of the many crafts I have carefully logged into the back of my head for later was her scrapbook wall flowers.  They are super cute and I have a ton of scrapbook paper.  Years and years ago I started scrap booking so we could have all of our pictures and memories in sweet little books, however, 3 kids later I rarely have time to sit and scrapbook, maybe one day.  And then I think of the mounds of pictures I would have to organize before attempting to make a book and I shudder.  So, for now, I used my paper and made one of her super cute flowers.  It took quite a few different sheets of paper, that way I didn't re-use the same pattern too much but I am sure it would look cute with more of a pattern.  Here is my finished flower......

And here it is in my babies room, right above her rocking chair that has always been bare.....


Isn't it cute?!!!!!  My other two have been asking for some for their room and I have been thinking of having my Girl Scouts do it for a craft, using Girl Scout scrapbook paper.  Make sure you go to her blog to see how it is done, she also has an example where she folds the petals to give it more of a three dimensional look!

2 comments:

Launa said...

That is so cute!! I can't wait to try it out!! You'll have to come over and help me... maybe with a drink after the babies are in bed!!!

The Hall Family said...

ummm, let me think..............YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails