Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Moving Up

We are slowly moving from babyhood into toddlerhood in our house these days.  I had loathed the highchair for quite some time, mainly for the fact that the thing was huge.  The legs jetted out from under the seat and could only fit in certain places in the house.  And since ti was on wheels I would find the girls wanting to push their sister around in it.  Then our little bit go bigger and was able to push with her legs and have screws come flying out in the back of the seat.  I had horrid images of her flying out of her seat and us rushing to the ER.  So, with all the negatives to that chair, we got rid of the highchair and got one of the ones you sit at the table.  I must admit, I cried seeing our old chair on the curb on trash day.  That thing may have been a nuisance but it also lovingly held our 2 smallest girls through their baby years.  I know I am not the only one who gets emotional seeing some of their babies things go.  And Hayley loves her new seat, she feels like such a big girl being able to sit at the table.  The first day in there she was looking around all goofy grinned trying to make eye contact with her bigger sisters trying to bond big girl style.

1 comment:

Launa said...

Oh my goodness, she doesn't even look like a baby anymore... :-(

Related Posts with Thumbnails