Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

The other day I was in a baking kind of mood.  I had no clue what I wanted to do so I asked our middle one what she would like.  Cookies of course!  So, we found a new cookie we had never made before and they turned out super yummy!!!!  So, making it's first debut in our household, I give you the Chocolate Crinkle Cookie.....


What you will need:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
4 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar

Mix the sugar, oil, vanilla and chocolate in a large bowl.  Mix in eggs, one at a time.  Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.  Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheet with shortening ( I did not do this, I used parchment paper and they turned out just fine).
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat.  Shape into balls.  Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes (I did 11 and they were perfect) or until almost no indentation remains when touched.  Remove from cookie sheet.  Cool on wire rack. 



YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

looks yummy!! got your text, sorry I haven't gotten back to you... crazy, crazy week... hope to talk to you soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails