Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Splashin'

What better way to cool down during the summer heat than a day playing on the slip-n-slide.  Not that the weather has been horridly hot by any means but we do get some days where it is nice and warm in the sun.  So, our neighbor got out her slip-n-slide and my girls had some fun.

I don't think Hayley knew what to think at first.  But after getting her toes a little wet, the girl was in love.....



She stayed down at the pool end for the most part but there was also some crawling and slipping which brought on tons of baby giggles.  And of course, the sisters had to get involved too.



Do you notice my horrified baby covering her face so as not to get splashed by her crazy sisters?  Do you also notice the heavy artillery being held by the oldest sibling?  Poor baby girl never saw it coming!!! 

 And now I pose a question.  Has anyone ever had their child break out in a horrible rash from being in the grass?  The first day we were on the slip-n-slide the baby was napping but my two oldest has a rash all over their legs.  Theirs looked like blade marks though so I knew exactly what it was.  The day the baby was out there, she got red bumps all up and down her legs, some on her arms and some on her back.  It was just bumps and I was so close to taking her to the ER for chicken pox.  I did give her an oatmeal bath and put soothing lotion all over her and it was better the next day but the girl looked infected for a good 2 days.  Is that normal?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails