Thursday, November 18, 2010

Talk About It

Today I am in a funk.  For some reason my mind keeps going to families who have to bury their young children.  No parent should ever have to bury their child.  I think it is the holidays coming up and thinking about the Stanton family who will not get to have their son Danny with them.  It just breaks my heart into a million pieces.  Let me say it again.....NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO BURY THEIR CHILD!!!!!  No, there is not a cure for Epilepsy...yet.  I am hoping that sometime in the future there is one, but there is technology out there that can get the person who is seizing help during that seizure.  And the parents of Danny are making sure that each family who needs one, gets one (through their Danny Did Foundation).  And guess what?  We were one of those families.  Every night I get assurance when my sweet girl goes to bed.  I tuck her in and turn on her monitor.  I know that when I hear the alarm, that I need to get to her and be by her side.  Without her monitor, I would sleep right through her seizure and God only knows what could happen, and it can happen, just ask the Stanton's. 
I know that many people don't know what to get others for Christmas and a lot of people are looking for unique gifts and for gifts that make a difference in the world.  Danny Did did not ask me to say this but I feel so strongly about it and love this foundation so much.  So, this is my idea........donate.  Yes, it really is that easy.  Donate in someones name, donate in your name, donate in the name of a child who suffers or for their families.  In doing this, you will be giving the ultimate gift to those in need and potentially helping aid in saving lives.  And if you cannot donate, please take the time to get educated.  Would you know what to do if you saw someone having a seizure?  If the answer is no, you need to find out.  I didn't know what to do until we were in the hospital with our child wondering what on earth was going on.  That to me is too late to figure it out.  And please take the time to watch this video.  This is Mike Stanton, Danny's dad.  To be able to walk through grief and help others at the same time is amazing to me, they truly are heroes to me!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

Great post hon!! What an awesome foundation!! So glad you got the monitor for Cass!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails