Saturday, November 27, 2010

Who Cares If I Posted Late?

Is there really such a thing as being too late to post on being thankful?  No!  So, I am doing it two days after Thanksgiving and I am ok with that.  Not to mention that I left the house early on Thursday and arrived home late, followed by an early wake up on Black Friday and again not getting home until late.  Therefore the feeling of hopping online and posting anything or even just looking at the illuminating light of my laptop made me cringe, so enjoy this thankful post 2 days late :)  This year was spent with wonderful family and great memories but I was constantly thinking of last year.  Last year this was our Thanksgiving......



(aren't we lovely?)

Those two gentlemen in the picture with our family?  Those were Marines that we hosted for our Thanksgiving meal.  When we signed up for the Host A Marine program we thought it would be nice to have some guys over who haven't had a home cooked meal in a while and let them relax and watch football.  What we got was so much more.  These guys were amazing and we still have them in our lives.  Unfortunately, both of them are overseas right now fighting for our freedom and this year, there Thanksgiving was not spent at home.  I felt a pit in my stomach each time I thought of these guys and how much I wished they could be state side this year.  Not to mention back in my home.  I really do need to make them each a better apple pie sometime!!  Last year I made it and it went bad.  As I was making the apple part of the pie I didn't realize until later that my bowl I was using to mix had a crack in the bottom so most of the juices ran out of the bowl and therefore the pie was not the way it should be.  Anyways, wherever these gentlemen are this year, I hope they had a decent meal.  And please make sure when you say your prayers at night that you pray for all of our men and women over seas who do not get to be home this year.

And another memory I think of? Black Friday approximately  3 or 4 years ago with my amazing friend Julie.  We spent all of Thanksgiving with her family at a retirement home (she had an organization called KNOTS that was amazing, I will have to get into that one later), but it was a great day and that night at midnight, we headed out for my very first ever Black Friday.  We even got cool sunglasses......I miss my Julie!!!





2 comments:

Julie said...

That Black Friday WAS amazing and I miss you sooooo much!!!! Ahhhh, all the amazing memories we made!
I still want to borrow Will's Tom Hank's video game. :)
Love you!!!!

The Hall Family said...

Hahahaha, oh the Tom Hanks video game, that was a good night :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails