Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby Shower Fun

Last weekend I had the pleasure of throwing a baby shower for my friend and fellow leader Amanda.  For over a month I schemed and lied and sat through a dinner where her sweet daughter wondered why no one would want to throw a shower for her mom and new sister.  Ugh, I wanted to scream, "I care!  I promise that you will have a great shower and feel loved!!!!!"  Needless to say, when the preggo mama went to the potty, I told her daughter who was sworn to secrecy.  Her husband dropped her off that morning, she thought she was going to a Girl Scout meeting, but she had so much more fun in store.  We started by eating, what would a baby shower be without food?!!  Following the food, we played a couple of traditional baby shower games, the "smell the chocolate in the diaper" game which was a ton of fun to watch.

We also had some cake, made by me, yes, I just promoted my self but this is my blog so I can do whatever the heck I want to do.  Here is the link to the baby shower cake or you can even just check out the whole site here.  All in all, it was a wonderful day and I was so happy to see her happy.

Now, if that sweet girl would just hurry up and get here so I can hold her and snuggle her, the world would be alright :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails