Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Trip

A couple of weekends ago my co-leader, her husband and I took all of our Girl Scouts and one brother to the San Diego Zoo for the annual Girl Scout Cookie Kick Off.  It was a lot of fun and our girls had a great time.  However, it was smokin hot that day.  I know I should not be one to complain since some people are buried in snow and having negative temperatures but seriously people, at one point we were sitting on metal seats with the sun blazing down and I was sweating, it was gross sweating.  I think I might stop there, I just had a bowl of some delicious oatmeal and just the thought of sweaty skin makes me sick.....any who, we had a great time.  We sat on the metal seats for the kick off show where all my girls gave me a group hug for being a cool troop leader (I tried not to cry) and then sat some more for more show.
See that sweet face front and center?  It was her birthday that day and she chose to spend it with us, how cool is she?!!!!!  after we did the show, we were able to take off on our own and see all the animals.  Eventually we were able to stop and have a quick photo shoot......we may or may not have kicked some kids off f this thing and there may or may not have been a creepy lady standing next to me asking if she can take pictures of all my girls too, why?!!!!

all in all it was a fantastic day and since it is cookie season, make sure you keep your eye out at your grocery stores and in your neighborhood.  Girl Scouts work very hard and are very excited when it comes to cookies and I know when you buy a box, it means the world to them!!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

So cute!! It looks like you all had fun... and I love your shirts!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails