Thursday, February 17, 2011

Little Friends

I love having friends.  I love being able to have that time where we can just sit and chat and talk about life and cry and be able to support one another.  What I love even more is seeing my kids start to make friends.  Being in the military, it is sometimes hard for kids to have good friends because it seems that by the time they actually start to make good relationships, one or the other moves away.  And even though they remain friends, it gets hard to keep in contact.  So I love being able to have friends here for my kids.  And I love that their friends love the younger siblings as well.  A couple of weeks ago we went with some friends to Dave and Busters for lunch and some play time.  Hayley absolutely loves their oldest daughter and she loves her right back and it is so sweet to see when I am sitting right across the table.

We had such a fun time.  I think that sometimes I cringe at the thought of taking my kids to Dave and Busters because I know they like to just run around and I have to keep reminding them to stay by me and not fight on what game we will play, but it was actually not as bad this time and I had some fun too!!!!  Towards the end of our time, after the girls turned in their tokens, we found this ride.  I think ti was called the typhoon or cyclone and the girls didn't actually ride it but they still sat down and watched the screen.  I had seen some people on it before them and there are giant wind tunnels on each side of the seats that blow the heck out of you and I am sure they wouldn't have liked that.  But it was funny to see their faces just watching the screen.

I think Hayley was wondering why I put her down on this thing but she had to get in the picture too.  I like to call Hayley my little old lady.  She is careful, she doesn't get too wild and if other kids are playing more on the rough side, she will come sit next to me and give me the look like "those crazy kids", lol.  We get along really well!!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

Wow, those are beautiful pictures!!! I love that second one of Hayley... she is beautiful!! miss ya girlie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails