Monday, December 14, 2009

A good and broken weekend


Seriously, my end of the year theme is officially "broken". First it was the tree and my baking pan. This weekend my mom came down and we made lefse. My grandma was always the one who made it, namely because the recipe is written in Norwegian and it is hard to convert measurements to English.........and for the most part she bakes it by feel and not real measurements. But, we found a recipe online that seems exactly the same so I made it for the very first time. As the lefse was baking we heard a huge bang. We looked all around and saw nothing so since we saw nothing we went about making our lefse. Halfway through we had to stop to make dinner and when I moved my griddle form the counter, I saw the huge crack in my counter top. The heat from the griddle had cracked my counter top!!!!!! I always use that griddle to make pancakes and bacon on but it isn't on for that long in one spot, it was probably on for a good 5 hours. So, add that one to the list :) And then it didn't stop there. Kendall was like an accident prone kid this weekend too. She fell I don't know how many times and one of the last times has a huge bruise running up her arm to show for it. Then as I was getting her dressed I unzipped her jammies and felt it tug, followed by a scream, yep, I zipped the belly button!!!!!! I think I might need to put myself in a protective bubble. Not for my own sake but for the sake of my friends and family around me :) The good news is, we have lefse!!!!!!! It tastes amazing, not as good as my grandmas but hey, it is a learning process and I am sure it will get better as I go. And to end the weekend on a good note, we had the Girl Scout caroling event. Kendall went along with us and we went Christmas caroling. It was such a good time. After we got done caroling we had hot cocoa and cookies, that's always a good time!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails