Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!!


What a blessed Christmas we had this year!!!! It was Hayley's very first and I was super emotional about it. I have a really strong feeling that this is really our last baby so all of her firsts make me super emotional, I hate to think of my kids growing up and not being my sweet little babies anymore!! But, this year was amazing. Christmas Eve started with a contractor coming out to the house and fixing our broken counter top, woo hoo. I felt awful that he came out that day, wouldn't he much rather not be working? Granted there could have been other houses he had to go to but what if we were the only house, I am sure he cursed us on the way home :) Later that night we drive out to Corona to spend Christmas Eve with my moms side of the family. My mom wasn't there because she is in Washington having Christmas with my sister and her kids but my grandma and grandpa, Aunts, Uncles and cousins were there. It was very strained and we felt very uncomfortable but I am glad we went for my grandma and this could be my grandpas last Christmas so it was nice to be with him. Then we got home and the girls got to choose which cookies santa would eat that night......they chose kahlua balls!!!! Pretty awesome, hahahaha. So, with kahlua balls, carrots, milk and a sweet little note, it was time to sleep so santa could come. I don't think they have gone down that easily in quite a while, lol. Needless to say that next morning came early and there were big smiles on all the kids faces. Then it was off to my dads side of the family. I haven't had a Christmas with them since I was a little girl and we had an awesome time. The food was fantastic and I even learned a new recipe :) So, if anyone wants a super yummy corn casserole I will have to have you over one night :) My niece Kayla and her mom Brandi were there as well, so good to see that little one on Christmas!!!! Of course the void where my brother would be was apparent and it made me sad but seeing that little face and those gorgeous blue eyes made up for it, you cant be sad seeing a face that sweet. So, all in all we had a fantastic Christmas. Oh, Cassie and Kendall both got cross necklaces from our Aunt and Uncle in Idaho and it was so special seeing it around Cassie's neck. Not only did it make her look so grown up but after she just accepted Christ and wants to be baptised, it means so much more!!!!! I hope each and everyone of you had a great Christmas!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails