Wednesday, December 30, 2009

School?


So I have been making cakes and baking for a long time now and have always had it in the back of my mind. I love to do it but have never had any formal training and there's a lot I don't know how to do when it comes to decorating a cake. So, the thought of me doing it professionally scared me and I put that thought away. But, my mom told me a couple of weeks ago that she was talking with her friend Anne and they both agreed that I need to become a baker. I love doing ti so much and for no training, I feel like I am pretty darn good at it. So, today I made some calls and did some research and hopefully will be attending the Art Institute for Culinary Arts. They have a baking and pastry course that not only includes anything and everything about baking, decorating etc, but they make sure you take a business course so you will be able to open your own bakery one day. My mom and I are planning on touring the campus when she gets back from her trip and I am so excited. And nervous, I feel like the old lady going back to school. Plus it would be even more time away from the kids and that thought makes me want to cry. I don't know what will happen but I am kinda excited at the thought of me brushing up on my skills and doing something for me :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails