Friday, December 4, 2009

A Great Week


So, this week has actually been a really good one. I have been super busy as normal and feel very out of control but I feel closer to God than I have in a very long time and for that, I say this is a great week. More so that came on Thursday. In our MOPS group we had to tell our life stories. I knew the girls in my group were amazing women, I have come to know them somewhat. But after Thursday I have so much more respect and am in total awe of these women. Some of the stuff they have gone through is just amazing and heartbreaking all at once. I think at one point all of us were in tears (until Patti cracked a joke and made us laugh, haha). I just feel like now I have these amazing women surrounding me. I would love to take away some of the crud they have had to go through, but then if I did, I feel like they wouldn't be at my table and I wouldn't get to call them friends, and that would break my heart!!!! I think I left that morning just thanking God for being awesome and knowing just what I needed and for those amazing girls!!!!!!


On some other news, we had some sad news today. Wills dad remarried after his mom passed away and his new wife had a son. He was married with 2 kids and living in Seattle. The last time I saw them was when we lived in Washington and since we really don't have a relationship with Wills parents anymore we never kept in touch with him either. Well, Wills Aunt just let us know today that he killed himself. Granted, we lost touch and never were that close but as soon as I read it my heart stopped. I thought of his wife and 2 kids who now have to deal with daddy being gone. I am sure his wife is angry and sad all at the same time. My heart just breaks for them. So, if you could be praying for them, I am hoping God will help to heal the hurt. I know they were not believers when we lived there and were actually a little angry when asked to pray or anything relating to God. Things could have changed in the years we lost contact but I know God heals and so that is my prayer for them. I think their sons would be about 9 and 6 now and I am not too sure if they ever had more kids.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails