Monday, December 7, 2009

A week alone...........again


I am still not used to the Marine Corps lifestyle. When Will was stationed on a ship he would go out for training but it seemed to always be right before the deployment and maybe only once or twice. He seems to be gone a lot these days, always going away for weeks at a time for training. Which is the case this week. He left early this morning and wont be home until Friday. I know for sure we have another one in the beginning of January and then the big one is when he is gone for over a month in April/May, I am not looking forward to that one!!!! And Cass is home from school today as well. On Saturday, after date night, we came home and Lynne (the amazing lady who was delighted to watch our kiddos...........seriously, she really was, she is amazing) said Cass had just started to have a runny nose and it has gone downhill since then. And yes, I mentioned date night in that last sentence as well. How sad is it that we had no idea what to do once we left the house because we haven't been on date nights in several years. We went to the movies and after we sat down, I had the moment of panic of "wheres my kids..............oh wait, we didn't bring kids.....WEIRD!!!!!". It was a nice night though. We went to see the movie Brothers, which is really good but very hard to watch. It was war scenes in it and they are just too hard to handle. I covered my eyes and cried quite a bit, but all together it was a great movie. And we saw it up in Mission Viejo at the Kaleidoscope. We had never been, it was pretty nice. There is not too much there but we saw a dueling piano bar, we will have to go sometime, it looked like fun!!!!! So, here I am now, alone in the house. But, it is super rainy and cold outside so I am kind of excited to curl up with a blankie and watch movies tonight. I am sure Will wishes he was home, he is somewhere sleeping on a cot tonight in the cold rain :( Who wants to take bets he will come home not feeling so hot and possibly have the flu? Lol

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails