Monday, January 4, 2010

Beach day!!!


Oh how I love being back in sunny California!!!!! Today, in January, the same time when last year we were wearing mittens, scarfs and beanies and preparing ourselves for the bitter cold that would hit us as soon as we stepped out of our nice warm home, I put on a light jacket, packed up the kids, and headed to the beach to have lunch with some friends. Seriously people, the beach day does exist in January!!!! I was so excited. For those of you reading this who were born and raised here and haven't had the freezing opportunity to live in other states, heat in the winter is non-existent and I am sure most are questioning why they live in the bitter cold right about now. It was such a nice day here!!! Like I said, we packed the kids in the car (yes, Will too, he is still on leave this week) and went down to the beach for a lunch date. Our beach on base has a park right on the sand and a covered picnic area right next to it so it was the perfect spot. 2 of my friends from Mops, one of the hubbies and a sister were all there, and poor Michael was the only little boy out of 4 girls. I am sure he will be more excited when he gets older :) After playing on the playground and eating some lunch, we decided to put our feet in the water. Little did we realize the adventurous little ones who wanted way more than their feet in the water and when the big waves hit, they ran toward them and not away from them. Lets just say someone walked away with a drippy butt, lol. Sounds lovely right? I think I laugh only for the fact that it wasn't me. All in all, it was a great day!!!!!!!! I love you sunny California!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails