Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sickness and a check-up


Last night was not fun in any way!!! Well, I guess parts of it were but most of it was not, lol. I had yet another Girl Scout meeting. This time a leadership training and it was an hour away in Escondido. My other co-leader Gloria drove and I sat in the back, big mistake!!!! I know I get car sick and it was a stupid choice but I did it anyway. So, after about 30 minutes in the car I started to feel sick to my stomach. I rolled down the window and stuck my head out like a dog and it got a little bit better......but then we got lost. So, with all the turning around and backing up and stopping, it got worse. So, while we pulled over in the middle of nowheresville to call someone to ask for directions, I got out and let loose. So gross!!!!! We eventually found the place but I felt like crap and just wanted to be home!!! The meeting was good (despite my extremely full calendar once again), the only bad part was finding out that one of the training courses I have to take is called tent, and it involves sleeping overnight in a tent :( I know the name should give it away but I really really really do not want to go camping in a tent :( We eventually made it home almost 4 hours later and it felt good to collapse on the couch and not feel the world moving :)
Then this morning was Hayley's 9 month check up. She is almost 20 pounds and 28 inches long!!! She is doing really good and her doctor was happy to hear that the cardiologist decided that her murmur is an innocent murmur and nothing to be worried about. She got one shot in her left leg and we were done. I felt so awful, I never like when she gets shots but after coming home and reading my friends blog, which was about one of her friends whose little boy (a 3 month old) just died because he got sick from a little kid who wasn't vaccinated and had a disease. And the little boy was too small to fight it off so he died and they are having the funeral today :( I read her blog and just cried, I cannot imagine!!!! I am so thankful that I was able to pick up my little girl this morning and hug away her pain. I know that little boys mom wishes she could have done the same.

1 comment:

Launa said...

sorry about the car sickness... sounds awful!! thanks for the complimentary comment on my last post... and I love "your body is beautiful brigade." Seriously, that's awesome! Missing you and Makena asked for Kendall the last couple of days... we might have to get together soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails